Thursday, September 10, 2009
STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES
We finally made it to Health Bridge on day 76 of this unbelievable experience. After multiple attempts to get here I had a hard time believing it was really happening. Jaz was so excited to go that she quickly used up all her energy giggling and fell asleep in the car (probably felt a sweet sense of relief as well). Health Bridge is a nice change. Shortly after arriving the PT had Jaz up on her feet and taking her first steps across the room - they don't waste any time here! It was amazing to see!!! The facility is designed as a villa - which makes it feel a little more like home instead of a hospital. We can go outside and walk around in the gardens (a little bit of FREEDOM!!!). Jaz was thrilled to touch the beautiful roses. It was magical watching her feel the petals and delight in their beauty. I've come to understand that it's when we appreciation the little things, we experience the biggest difference in our lives. Jaz nearly lost every ability to function and it was devastating. To see her return to us little by little has instilled a sense of gratitude beyond measure. I cannot stress enough the importance of gratitude - especially for the little things. When was the last time you stopped to smell the roses?
Posted by
S. Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Woohoo! Finally. Sounds like a great facility. Tell Jazzy to keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteIm so glad to hear that she was up on her feet!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm speechless, but still I've got to say how unbelievablely excited I am. Even though you are further away now in Orange you seem so much closer - in returning home to beautiful Camarillo where you'll be with all your family & friends. We love you. We miss you. We're thrilled!!! Lael & Daisy
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that Jazmyn is able to make this big important step in her recovery. What a wonderful blessing that there is such a great place to help her on her way back to Camarillo!
ReplyDeleteHip, hip, hooray! We're so glad that Jazmyn is making her way back home, even if it's a round-about trip. Sounds like a great place to get stronger and help her to come home and smell all the beautiful flowers in Camarillo! Kailyn sends a big hug and lots of good wishes to her friend!
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Aunes
Laura - I am SO excited to hear of Jazmyn's progress! I am thrilled you have moved on and now Camarillo is waiting! The light is at the end of the tunnel! - Alisa
ReplyDelete