Welcome family and friends to Jazmyn's blog. We've included a summary of how Jazmyn's illness came about as well as occasional blogs on where she is today. Don't forget to write your comments below - these thoughts will be enjoyed by Jazmyn and her family. With love... thank you!!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

JAZMYN'S REFLECTION

Jazmyn loves to sing ALL the time. Shortly before she became ill I recorded her with our video camera singing... in the bathroom (we ALL know you can't beat the acoustics in there!). She had no idea I was standing outside the door while she belted out a song from the movie Mulan. The girl has got lungs!! It's not only impressive but quite funny as well. I've shared it with a few of the hospital staff that have come to know her well. It's been fun for them to hear what her voice actually sounds like. When I came across this video clip the other day the words struck me as so suitable for her current situation - "When will my reflection show who I am inside". The girl within this beautiful little body is slowly emerging little by little everyday. The Jazzy we all know and love IS in there. We delight in every little movement and smile. And we can't wait for the day that she will sing and dance again!!

I've also explained to Jaz that this bit of footage WILL be shown at her wedding = )


1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's your cousin Sabrina (Ron and Claudia's youngest). I just wanted to let you know, I'm checking up on you guys and sweet little Jazmyn. My oldest is 5 and this has definitely made me appreciate every moment with him and my 2 others. I want you to know that we've been praying for you and your family. I'm so glad she is getting better every day. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

    ReplyDelete