Welcome family and friends to Jazmyn's blog. We've included a summary of how Jazmyn's illness came about as well as occasional blogs on where she is today. Don't forget to write your comments below - these thoughts will be enjoyed by Jazmyn and her family. With love... thank you!!

Friday, August 14, 2009

TRIALS OF OPPORTUNITY

Adversity is a blessing. It allows us to exercise our faith and grow in ways we cannot comprehend. Though not readily welcomed, trials ARE opportunities. I feel grateful to understand this - however this knowledge has come at a price.
I am no stranger to prolonged hospital stays and trying bouts of personal illness. These experiences were opportunities that I am truly grateful for. In the case of my two very difficult pregnancies my testimony of FAITH PRECEDES THE MIRACLE was established. The long suffering resulted in the greatest blessing one could ever image, two beautiful miracles... Jazmyn & Kamran. Later my faith was tested further with a severe case of Pneumonia - again another hospital stay and long recovery. This time my testimony of FAITH IS OUR FOUNDATION was learned. When our faith is well established it creates a foundation that gives us firm ground to stand on. This enables us to weather the storms that trials bring.
Trials are opportunities because they also prepare us for the unforeseen. My experiences prepared me in countless ways for today. With great heartbreak I never imagined it would be to care for my own daughter!! There is purpose in all things, both joyful and the greatest of sorrow. I have been able to care for and advocate for Jazmyn in ways I never would have been able to with out these prior experiences. My strengthened faith has enabled me to cope with and endure the unimaginable with her. Though I feel I was prepared for this time, in many ways I am yet again experiencing FAITH growing pains. I also recognized that Jazmyn's trial is preparing her for the unforeseen in her life as well. With that, I feel humbled at the opportunity to be at her side.
It is through FAITH that I am able to believe Jazmyn WILL recover and faith will yet again precede another miracle.
-Laura

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony! For some people it is hard to understand that the storm rails on everyone. It wasn't just the foolish man who had to ride out the storm.... the wise man got just as wet!
    I am grateful that you are able to see that trials are a blessing, (not necessarily the ones we look forward to!) but being able to experience a closer relationship with our Savior, through those trials, is always a blessing. Much love,

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog tonight, and what you to know I am praying for your little girl, she is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete